Friday, February 5, 2010

Using Twitter for teaching and learning

Here are the slides I used at the Twitter workshop I facilitated on Thursday.

Using Twitter For Teaching And Learning


Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Hi Sarah

Thank you for this link to your presentation which is very timely. I am involved in in the Occupational Therapy "Participation in Occupation 1" with James Sunderland as Course Coordinator, which involves all those skills learned last year such as setting up and using a blog and use of on line and computer technology. This would be excellent timing for me to allocate a hash code for messages relating to the course for twitter to expand networks! #PIO1 would work for me (next step to get the phone sorted and then work out how to # for the course). Could I use this presentation as a resource / reference?

February 6, 2010 9:43 AM

Sarah Stewart said...

Please feel free to use it - that's what its there for ....let me know how you get on. I have just found out that hashtags do not survive past 10 days, so if you want to keep a theme, it's best to copy & past into a word doc, or take a screen shot so you don't lose anything

Tona said...

Thank you very much, you give me new ideas.
I were not sure how Twitter could work with some things.Now, I realize that it is a big challenge.

Jeffrey Keefer said...

Sarah, these are great slides -- use images to tell / support your message, rather than endless text.

I only wish I could hear what you said during each one!

Sarah Stewart said...

Hi Jeffrey, when I get a minute, I'll add some audio - will let you know when I do.