Thursday, March 1, 2012

Reuniting with the Salisbury School of Nursing 1980-1983 set

I'm off to England to visit family in May for a couple of weeks and am absolutely thrilled that while I am there, I will be able to go to a reunion of my nursing set.

I did my registered nurse training at the Salisbury General Hospital in the middle of Salisbury when the institution was known as the Salisbury School of Nursing - it is now part of Bournemouth University.

I know it's a sign of old age when you start harping on about the good old days, but those years when I was living in the nurse's home with these wonderful girls (and couple of boys) 1980-1984 were fabulous. We worked hard and played hard, and I continue to stay in contact with many of them, and count a number of them as my best friends.

There are a few people that we've lost along the way so it will be really interesting to see if Facebook can help us find them again. I have already made contact with one of the set who I haven't spoken to for over 25 years.

One of the big problems will be tracing girls who are now married so are known by different names. So if anyone knows the whereabouts of these people, we'd love to know their contact details:
  • Chris Parker ( one of the chaps)
  • Rebecca Brown (Becky) - was Curtis at one stage but probably has another name now.
  • Mandy Easthope
  • Jackie Flanagan
  • Jackie Smith
It's going to be amazing to meet them all again....I just hope they don't think I look too old or fat!!

Have you ever been to a reunion of people you haven't seen for years? How did you get on?

Image: 'Stonehenge'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75174448@N00/4667627395

No comments: